Window Tinting is relativity new on the fly tying scene but growing fast! As with our ASB strips we offer our window tint fly tying capes in 0.5mm, 0.75mm, 1mm. 1.5mm & 2.0mm uniformly cut strips … perfect for all your cronie needs from teeny tiny to bomber! We also offer each shade in a 3.5″ X 8″ sheets (package of 2 – equivalent to 4+ capes) for those that prefer to cut their own strips. Unlike ASB strips our window tint fly tying capes are available in a light, medium, dark, and a unique bronze tint to cover all your colour needs! And different under bodies will give you a slightly different look so your options are virtually unlimited!
* please note: 0.5mm – 0.75mm are very thin and will require more turns (more material) to cover medium – large hooks and are only recommended for extremely small patterns or special applications. For perfect profiles with optimal material usage we recommend …
- 0.5mm: sizes #18 1X and smaller
- 0.75mm: sizes #18 – #16 1X
- 1.0mm: sizes #16 1X – #10 1X
- 1.5mm: sizes 12 2X – 10 2X (Bomber Chironomids) | small nymph/scud wing case/shellbacks
- 2.0mm: sizes 10 2X and larger | large nymph/scud wing case/shellbacks
** capes are cut/shipped with the transparent backing NOT removed. You can tie with it as is or remove it prior to tying. If you choose to remove it, you will have perfectly cut thin transparent strips that you may find useful for something 😉